Bio 600 Ammonia Treatment

SKU: bio600 Category:


Bio 600 Liquid is a specially selected blend of highly active nitrifying bacteria, which provides an ideal standard nitrifying population for toxicity testing. Under laboratory conditions, removal of ammonia from the test sample of wastewater is assessed in comparison with a control. This allows a direct and reproducible assessment of wastewater toxicity, expressed as a percentage loss of nitrification.

Highly effective, Bio 600 is an essential tool in maintaining environmental compliance, and yet comes at an extremely competitive price. Significant savings can be made in comparison with competitor products.

Bio 600 is also an ideal product to be dosed on a one off basis into packaged treatment plants where the ammonia level has gone out of its consent range. The accurate activity level of the product ensures that with some basic calculation the levels of ammonia in a plant can be reduced quickly and effectively Bio 600 will degrade 60m of ammonia per hour per litre of waste water.

Social Share

BACKGROUND – Ammonia treatment.
Nitrifying bacteria are extremely sensitive to chemical challenge, so the introduction of toxic or inhibitory chemicals into nitrification plants is likely to reduce the rate of ammonia removal or destroy the nitrifying biomass altogether.

Therefore it is crucial to determine potential toxicity of incoming wastewater streams on the nitrifying biomass, and this can be carried out by monitoring the effect on a standard population of nitrifying bacteria on a regular basis. This way, action can be taken to deal with any toxicity before too much damage is done to the nitrifying plant.

Instructions for use

  • Store in original containers in a fridge between 4oC and 10oC
  • Do not freeze.
  • Mix contents thoroughly before use.
  • Use as directed by a Bio Green UK

Health & Safety
Bacteria in Bio 600 are non-hazardous and completely safe to use. However, good housekeeping practices should be followed.

  • Avoid contact with skin and open wounds.
  • In case of contact, wash thoroughly with soap and water.
  • Wear protective gloves and safety goggles.
  • Wash hands after use.
  • In case of contact with eyes, rinse immediately with copious amounts of water for at least 15 minutes. If irritation persists seek medical attention.
  • If swallowed, rinse mouth with copious amounts of clean water. Drink at least 2 glasses of water. Do not induce vomiting.

Additional Information

Weight 2 kg